Followers

Thursday, February 25, 2021

Clay Day


Hi everybody!

I bought this Play-Doh set  called "Wheels" some time ago. Since it is a kids toy there was a chance they would look unrealistic. Well, I love it! I have not used it on a structure yet, but that is just a matter of time. The imprint comes out  perfectly! The brick pattern is raised just enough to make it convincing. They will work as a walkway, on the side of a building or even a wall.

 OK for 1:12 or 1:6 scale in my opinion. I didn't paint them because these are just demonstrations. Once they are trimmed etc. I will bake and paint. A few coats of different shades of gray on the stones should make them look super realistic. The possiblities on the brick are limitless. Lightly pressing with sandpaper gives it a little texture. There are probably other ways to produce that look. I wonder how soaked egg cartons would look. Using it much in the way of making paper. Hmmm.

The only parts I don't like is the stone mold is round. But, it is just a matter of cutting it into your desired shape, I guess. Also, the brick mold seems to be a little too thick for 1:12. Maybe a few careful slices from behind  will solve that. 


The tubs are filled with Play-Doh which you could share with the kiddies who can work right along side you.
 
                      




Click on picture for a larger view

No comments :

Post a Comment

It is fun hearing from all of you!