Followers

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Floored

Everytime I would pass this particular house I liked looking at the hardwood floors. I would think,"they just need a little luster.  One day out came the polyurethane and brush in hand I painted one room on the first floor.  Most of the time I hear from hobbyists, "sand between several coats!" The first floor was sanded between each of the three layers.
I just used three coats of polyurethane without sanding on the remainder of the house and there is not a visible difference. The window frames and stairs got a few swishes also.
Check out the shine!

I hope you can see the shine

If you look closely you can see how the floor reflects on the ceiling in the attic

Compare the shine to the picture below



Before-Only the floor on the lower left had a coat of polyurethane
                                                                         
 Click on pictures for a larger view                                 

12 comments :

  1. They look very nice! I like the width of them. It looks like nice wood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucille,
    Thanks! The house was ready made...it just needs a little tender loving care. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see the shine. Makes a huge difference. Don't you just love when you can check something off the to-do list? It's such a beautiful house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa,
      Thanks. Yes I do love shortening my list. Now I walk past and want to get it furnished. LOL

      Delete
  4. Hello Grandmommy,
    The floors look wonderful! I wish my real life floors shined like that. It really adds to the feel of the house.
    Beautiful!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GIAC,
      Thank you so much! My real life floors are crying and jealous of these.

      Delete
  5. It is been very very nice. I love the shades the sun gives in the lacquered floor.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wyrna,
    Thank you so much! I think that sets it off also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice!!!

    xx

    http://www.modayotrospecados.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep those floors are shiny! You will have to get a small bottle of floor wax for the dolls to keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jazzi,
      Good idea. I think I will put little rags on their feet! LOL

      Delete

It is fun hearing from all of you!