Followers

Saturday, August 17, 2013

What Nora is Packing!

 Nora pulled her luggage together from various sources. I mentioned in a previous blog that I was going a little crazy with that stainless steel paint.  Here is a really simple idea that takes about 15 minutes!

I painted Nora's luggage with the stainless paint. Then, added Duck tape in the zebra pattern. I used two types of the Duct tape shown below.

The round luggage is from a swimming ear plug set. I am not sure who made the large piece of luggage. It looks like it could be either Bratz or Barbie.


It came in a package like this. I got it from Hobby Lobby, but the dollar stores probably carry them. I have some ideas for the part that goes in your ears too.





I used both the roll and the sheet of Duck tape on the three pieces







 
The outside was this color before the paint


A few features added. I will use something cuter for the strap
Here is Nora preparing to pack.
 Sorry so dark. Took lots of shots and this was the best!
  



Click on picture for a larger view

22 comments :

  1. What a transformation! I really like how well that turned out, especially the suitcase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Muff! I wasn't sure just how it would turn out. I found I liked working with the Duck tape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a transformation. It looks like magic. It looks very nice and looks very expensive. Nice work.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Wyrna!

      It probably took all of 15 minutes not counting the drying time!

      Delete
  4. Hello grandmommy! I really like the way you have made the three pieces into a matched set of very stylish luggage! Duct tape is so what is Happening now and the selections of colors and patterns is wonderful! I like the zebra stripe that you have chosen for yours. It looks Ready for Take-off!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth S.,
      Thanks! It kind of just popped into my head. You are right about the duct tape. I might find myself on an adventure with that next. LOL

      Delete
  5. Hello from Spain: I really like those suitcases. The tape is fabulous. I copy your idea. Awesome job. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marta!

      I can't wait to see what you come up with!

      Delete
  6. Hello Grandmommy,
    That luggage is fantastic and so stylish! Terrific work.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giac,
      Thanks! You know the girls want to travel in style! lol
      Major hugs :-)

      Delete
  7. Wow great work! She is ready to go and lookin good doing it ;P

    I have seen those tapes recently, great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Jane Smith!

      Nora thanks you for complimenting her good taste. LOL
      If you try something with the tape don't forget to share it with us!

      Delete
  8. Great idea. She is going to be styling and profiling on her next trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa,

      Thanks! She is getting ready for the big move!

      Delete
  9. So creative! I love all the fun colors and patterns that you can get with Duck Tape... So many possibilities! :)

    toddlindsey.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsey,
      Thanks! Maybe we should have a masking tape challenge!

      Delete
  10. These suitcases are really cute! What a brilliant transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Isabelle,
    And to think they took so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, this is so Hollywood stylish! She is looking good, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Eve!
    Glad you enjoyed seeing the luggage. Just imagine all of the fun things you can use the tape for!

    ReplyDelete

It is fun hearing from all of you!