Followers

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Circular Wall

 When I saw this wooden place-mat, I knew I would find a purpose for it. And of course, I did! The color was more green than the teal look it has here.  The kitchen in the largest dollhouse (I need to give them names) is going to be black and white with red accents.
The walls needed something more than the usual. So... I painted one black, then painted the place-mat red and put it over the black wall. 

I had a difficult time deciding what color the crown molding should be. I have decided to make it red to give the wall a complete look.

Surprisingly it was easy to cut to size!

 I took the pictures before I added the crown molding and touch-up so you can see the black wall

I like the way the diamonds between the circles match the ones in the flooring.
It actually makes the ceiling appear higher!
The cabinetry has an oak finish. I wanted to use the marble kit in my stash for the counter tops. I also have something similar to black granite. I  thought of painting the cabinets black, but I love the oak. Hmmmm Maybe I will just buy another set of cabinets.


Click on pictures for a larger view

20 comments :

  1. It makes a great feature wall. I have a similar red one but my sets are larger so it does not fit the entire wall. I like yours better. Your black/white/red color scheme is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roville,
      Thanks so much! I have to scoot over to your place and see the wall. I think I might get a totally different cabinetry and paint it black with accents. We shall see! :-)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful idea. Your wall looks fantastic. Looking forward to seeing more of your kitchen.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria,
      Thanks for your compliments. I am now on a hunt for a different set of cabinets. Wish me luck!

      Delete
  3. Hello from Spain: a great idea. I like the color and shape of the wall. We keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Grandmommy,
    I think that look great. It is very unique and looks very designer. Excellent idea. I cannot wait to see more of the kitchen.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giac,
      Thanks! That is great coming from an expert like you!
      You may have to wait because now I want a new set of cabinets that will really compliment the wall.

      Delete
  5. what a great idea! yes, i agree with all..it looks stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna,

      Thanks! I am trying to stretch my designing ideas. I hope you enjoy it while I do. :-)

      Delete
  6. This will make a great addition to your project. Hope you are well!

    Many Blessings To You,
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loretta,
      Thanks. The more I do the more I decide to change things. LOL
      Blessings to you and yours! :-)

      Delete
  7. Nice item! I love it in red better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl,

      Thanks! I am glad it came out well. I was really just experimenting. lol

      Delete
  8. Wall decor is a very clever design! Great work! ;)
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Eliana! I am trying to think out of the box these days. :-)

      Delete
  9. Very cool placemat. I love it when they are easy to cut. I've bought a few that were a nightmare to work with. This looks great! Good find.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mini Dork,
    Thanks! Yes, I have too that is why I was so surprised this wasn't hard to cut. I am working on the cabinets now. Hope you like those as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete

It is fun hearing from all of you!